Guidance Working Group
Leader Matthew Meyers (EON)
The Guidance Working group has bee put together to provide data driven recommendations on RSD Standardization and Acceptance, it consists of 3 subgroups.
Baseline - Leader: Jeff Fine (RES)
- Purpose is to establish current market best practices, what methodologies exist for RSD Validation, and what variables and metrics exist in the market.
- Identify how prevalent the use of Remote Sensing technology is in the wind industry.
- Establishing the best practice standards for the use of Remote Sensing Devices in order to create an accepted bankable report.
Co-location Validation - Leader: Rory Curtis (RES)
- Purpose is to establish standards for validation procedures.
- Focus on data set validation and appropriate data use.
- Define dependable performance indicators.
Acceptance Criteria - Subgroup to be formed in mid-late 2019
Science Working Group - Leader Alexandra St.Pe (EON)
The Science working group has been put together to provide data driven answers to key RSD science questions, it consists of 4 subgroups
Flow Correction - Leader: Neils LaWhite (Vaisala)
- Purpose to provide data driven validation of methods used to correct RSD Measurements in Complex Flow.
- Demonstrate typical flow curavature bias based on terrain complexity and roughness, and create a standardized correction methods.
Site Suitability - Leader: Alexandra St.Pe (EON)
- Purpose more insight and data for Turbulence Intensity bias between Class I anemometers and RSD's.
- Identify and establish standard methodology for correcting RSD TI.
Energy Uncertainty - Leader: Reesa Dexter (DNV-GL)
- Purpose to improve RSD acceptance through better understanding and reducing associated uncertainty in pre-construction estimates.
Power Curves - Leader: Matthew Meyers (EON)
- Purpose to provide data driven performance validation of RSD use for power Curve Testing.
- Provide data to support IEC 61400-12-1 Edition 2